Ethical Corporation is now Reuters Events - LEARN MORE
"At the heart of IFF is our focus on forging new possibilities for a regenerative, healthy and abundant world,” says Andreas Fibig, International Flavors & Fragrances CEO and Chairman
IFF released its 2016 Sustainability Report, Circular by Design, which demonstrates how through their new sustainability strategy and their commitment to transform the everyday, IFF is committed to creating a more sustainable and healthy future.
The Company has always been inspired by nature and dedicated to helping it thrive. Infused with a focus on forging new possibilities for a more abundant world, they have made great strides over the past several years to be greener and to continually improve, deepening the role of sustainability as an enabler of their overall Vison 2020 business strategy.
Their report highlights include:
• Launching a new sustainability vision & strategy, centered on the concept of a circular economy. IFF exceeded its corporate goal of a 50% reduction in water use intensity (2010 baseline) by achieving a 58.5% reduction.
• IFF CEO and Chairman, Andreas Fibig was elected to the Executive Committee of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development.
• Opening on-site wind turbine at its Tilburg, Netherlands facility – an industry first.
• Initiating the Vetiver Together partnership to improve the lives of Haitian vetiver farmers and strengthen the supply chain.
• Launching PuraVita™, the first-ever Cradle to Cradle Certified™ fragrance.
In 2016, IFF was awarded a place on the CDP Climate “A” List for the 2nd year in a row and achieved a 7% year-over-year reduction in GHG emissions intensity. They became the first ﬂavors and fragrances company to join Together for Sustainability (TfS), driving responsible sourcing throughout the IFF supply chain. You can view more of their progress below:
They continue to build on these efforts. By aligning its sustainability strategy with several of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, IFF is doing its part to realize these goals and drive transformational change.” Explore their vision, strategy, and goals and learn more about the circular economy the video below:
“At the heart of IFF is our focus on forging new possibilities for a regenerative, healthy and abundant world," says Andreas Fibig, International Flavors & Fragrances CEO and Chairman.
To explore IFF’s 2016 Sustainability Report, Circular by Design, visit: www.iff.com/sustain
International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (NYSE:IFF) (Euronext Paris: IFF) is a leading innovator of sensorial experiences that move the world. At the heart of our company, we are fueled by a sense of discovery, constantly asking “what if?”. That passion for exploration drives us to co-create unique products that consumers taste, smell, or feel in fine fragrances and beauty, detergents and household goods, as well as beloved foods and beverages. Our 6,700 team members globally take advantage of leading consumer insights, research and development, creative expertise, and customer intimacy to develop differentiated offerings for consumer products. Learn more at www.iff.com, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.