Ethical Corporation is now Reuters Events - LEARN MORE
The Commonwealth Bank Group releases its Sustainability Report 2012 on a dedicated microsite, featuring case studies, videos and interactive performance data charts.
31/10/12 The Commonwealth Bank Group (the Group) today released its Sustainability Report 2012 on a dedicated microsite, available at www.commbank.com.au/sustainability2012; featuring case studies, videos and interactive performance data charts.
Sustainability at the Group means building a successful business today and delivering value over the long term.
The Report presents the Group’s approach to sustainability and outlines key programs and achievements for the 2011-12 financial year across five areas of sustainability focus:
1.Sustainable business practices;
2.Responsible financial services;
3.Engaged and talented people;
4.Community contribution and action; and
Highlights for the reporting period include:
- Over $200 million contributed to the community; an additional $100 million committed over the next 10 years;
- 80% employee engagement score, a global best in class result;
- 30.9% women in Executive Manager and above positions, towards a target of 35% by December 2014
- Over 200,000 students attending one of the Foundation’s financial literacy workshops;
- $2 million in community grants awarded through the 10,000-member strong Staff Community Fund; and
- 23,500 tonnes fewer carbon emissions following consolidation of commercial buildings and implementation of energy efficiency programs in branches.
The sustainability performance data was independently assured by KPMG.
Established in 1912, the Group is Australia’s leading provider of integrated financial services including retail banking, premium banking, business banking, institutional banking, funds management, superannuation, insurance, investment and sharebroking products and services.
With established businesses in Australia, New Zealand, Europe, the United States and the Asia-Pacific region, the Group has over 51,000 employees globally who serve over 14 million customers. More information about the Group can be accessed at: www.commbank.com.au
The Group welcomes all feedback and is interested in hearing your thoughts about the Sustainability Report 2012. Please email your feedback to: