Oct 2, 2017
How to Apply:
SAI Platform works with Duurzaamheid Werkt, a recruitment agency for positions in sustainability. Please send your application (no more than 2 A4 pages CV and 1 page cover letter) before Oct 2, 2017 to email@example.com, mentioning ‘FSA Programme Manager’ in the subject line.
First round interviews are foreseen on Oct 11. Second round interviews will take place on Oct 18.
For more information about this position please contact Annelies Pijnenburg: +31 (0) 6 466 80 191.
SAI Platform is recruiting
The Sustainable Agriculture Initiative Platform (SAI Platform) was established in 2002 by the food industry to support the development of sustainable agriculture worldwide. It has over 80 members across the value chain, covers all major commodities and operates globally. SAI Platform operates on a pre-competitive and non-commercial basis, driving change through collaboration.
SAI Platform is overseen by an Executive Committee and run by a Secretariat of ten people working from various locations in Europe. The core areas of the Platform’s activity are four commodity focused working groups and the Farm Sustainability Assessment Programme (FSA). The FSA Programme is a tool to assess, improve and communicate on-farmsustainability, developed by SAI Platform with members, suppliers, farmers and external stakeholders. FSA provides a single benchmark for comparing existing codes, schemes and legislation and facilitates aggregating farm data across countries, commodities and suppliers.
FSA Programme Manager Role
SAI Platform is recruiting an FSA Programme Manager who will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of SAI Platform’s FSA development programme. SAI Platform is looking for a charismatic project manager with a track record in complex multi-stakeholder and assurance programmes. Guidance will be provided by SAI Platform’s Executive Committee and the FSA Steering Committee. The Programme Manager will manage the FSA team. The position is reporting to theDirector of Operations.
· Definition of the programme’s scope, objectives and kpi’s. Work with SAI Executive Committee and the FSA Steering Committee on strategic planning
· Business development, project management and delivery
· Co-ordinate and successfully manage relationships with Members, Supply Chain Partners,
FSA Committees, SAI team and third parties/service providers, balancing content and process
· Functional management of the FSA team
· All financial aspects, monitoring & evaluation and risk management of the FSA programme.
· Strong strategical, analytical and conceptual skills
· Excellent organisational skills including senior project management
· Proven effectiveness in a corporate and multi-stakeholder environment
· Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with sustainability assurance and quality management systems. Familiaritywith the FSA Programme is preferable
· Understanding of voluntary standards systems in global agriculture
· MSc degree and minimum of 10 years of relevant international work experience
SAI Platform offers you an international and entrepreneurial role in a dynamic playing field with the potential to create a significant impact in sustainable agriculture. This position is open to freelancers as well as potential employees and involves international travel up to 30% of time. We invite candidates of all nationalities, living in Europe, to apply, however, we can only consider candidates who have or do not need a work and residency permit for an EU country. SAI Platform is based in Brussels and team members work flexibly in different countries in Europe in a virtual team.