Jun 6, 2017
Commensurate with experience
How to Apply:
To apply send your CV and a letter of interest to Jantine Werdmuller von Elgg at Jantine@alliancehr.co.uk.
Exciting opportunity to deliver an innovative international project
Location: London / remote + 3 visits to South Africa
Contract type: part-time (3-4 days per week) until March 2019
Who we are
Stronger Together is a business led, multi-stakeholder collaborative initiative whose purpose is to support organisations to tackle modern slavery within their businesses and supply chains. We work on a non-profit basis and provide clear guidance and pragmatic resources and training to support employers and labour providers in at risk sectors to deter, detect and deal appropriately with forced labour, labour trafficking and other hidden labour
We are working with the 9 largest UK supermarkets and with the construction industry in the UK, and are rolling out our model into global supply chains as well.
We have recently been contracted by the Home Office to manage and successfully implement a two-year project to tackle forced labour in the wine and fruit growing industry in South Africa. We will deliver this innovative project together with a partner organisation in South Africa and connect it with our work on global supply chains.
We are looking for an experienced project manager to manage this exciting new project, to ensure the project delivers on targets, on-time, on-budget, in line with agreements and to the organisational objectives and guidelines.
The role will be mainly home based with weekly travel to London for meetings and three international trips across the two year project.
Who you are
• An experienced project manager who has ideally worked with or within the business sector on ethical trade/responsible business/supply chains behaviour
• Someone with a good knowledge and understanding of modern slavery
• A great organiser, with the ability to set and meet demanding targets and deadlines, and to hold others accountable to those
• Someone with an interest of being involved in operations as well as strategic thinking
• An excellent communicator, with experience of working with a range of stakeholders and building good working relationships
• A motivated and enthusiastic worker, able to work independently and with remote colleagues/stakeholders, delivering day-to-day workload with minimal supervision
• Someone with a good eye for detail, whilst retaining sight of the bigger picture
• A good problem solver with the ability to think on your feet
• Willing to travel for work
• Experience of managing international projects or working with international partners
• Experience/knowledge of the agricultural sector
Contact email@example.com for the complete Job Description and with any questions.