Ethical Corporation is now Reuters Events - LEARN MORE
Green leader and hotel chain The Rezidor Hotel Group publishes its Responsible Business Report
Green leader and hotel chain The Rezidor Hotel Group publishes its Responsible Business Report. Included since 2010 in Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies List, Rezidor is committed to being an innovative and responsible hotel company with leading sustainable hotel brands such as Radisson Blu and Park Inn by Radisson.
The 2020 Think+Change vision came to life in answer to a simple question: as a pioneer and forward thinking company in Responsible Business, how can Rezidor build on our success in this vital area to act as the driving force of an ever more sustainable hospitality industry?
2016 marked an important year globally with the ratification of the COP21 agreement in November and as the first year of implementation of the UN Sustainable Development Goals which are mobilizing businesses, industries and countries. As a leader in the industry, we are conscious that our Responsible Business targets and actions need to contribute to these important global goals.
The year marked an inspiring year for Responsible Business at Rezidor with successes in all core areas of the company’s Responsible Business program. Rezidor closed the successful Think Planet 5-year period with significant water and energy savings. The group continues to lead on core issues such as Safety & Security, Balanced Leadership and Water Stewardship. Rezidor continues to build sustainable hotel brands and engage the guest in responsible business.
Other highlights include:
Think Planet – Minimising our Environmental Footprint
• Energy savings reach 24%
• Water consumption reduced by 29%
• 282 eco-labelled hotels
• Meetings Minus Carbon offsets 39,000 tonnes of carbon
Think People –Caring about guests and employees, people in our supply chain and business ethics
• 160 Rezidor Hotels have gained the Safehotels alliance certificate
• For the seventh year in a row, Rezidor is recognized as one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute
• Employee satisfaction at an impressive 87.9
• Balanced leadership builds momentum towards gender equality and development of our female talent
• The Rezidor Business School celebrated its 20th anniversary with Over 2,000 employees trained in 2016
Think Community –Contributing in a meaningful way to local communities around the world
• 1,2 million EUR donated to Charity
• A total of 29,000 volunteer hours were completed by Rezidor employees during the company's September’s Responsible Business Action Month
• Blu Planet towel program at Radisson Blu helps to provide safe drinking water for life to more than 8,300 children
• Over 50 Radisson Blu hotels participated in the Soap for Hope program in cooperation with our global supplier Sealed Air
To read the full report, visit https://rbreport2016.rezidor.com
About The Rezidor Hotel Group
The Rezidor Hotel Group is one of the most dynamic hotel companies in the world. The Group currently features a portfolio of 475 hotels with 104,000 rooms in operation or under development in over 80 countries.
Rezidor operates the core brands Radisson Blu and Park Inn by Radisson in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), along with the Club Carlson loyalty program for frequent hotel guests. In early 2014 and together with Carlson, Rezidor has launched the new brands Radisson RED (lifestyle select) and Quorvus Collection (luxury). Since 2016, Rezidor also owns 49% of Prizeotel.
Rezidor is a member of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group.
For more information, visit www.responsiblebusiness.rezidor.com
Media Contact Info:
Vice President Corporate Communications, PR & Reputation Management
+32 2 702 9200
Vice President Responsible Business
+32 2 702 9200
THE REZIDOR HOTEL GROUP
Avenue du Bourget 44 | B-1130 Brussels | Belgium