Ethical Corporation is now Reuters Events - LEARN MORE
International Business Leaders head to New York this October to share experience in supplier engagement. The ‘How to Drive Supplier Social & Environmental Performance’ Conference is taking place at the New Yorker Hotel on 25-26 October 2011.
12 August 2011, London
Over the past two years, ownership of the sustainable supply chain agenda has moved from the Corporate Responsibility team to the Procurement team. Pinpointing challenges associated with this transition, Ethical Corporation delivers a practical agenda that addresses both internal and external challenges – Equipping internal procurement teams with relevant training and working closely with suppliers to ensure they commit instead of just paying lip service.
The conference heralds the end of vague PR-based speeches on carbon footprint commitments and theoretical discussions on what a sustainable supply chain is.
Renowned for the practical, robust approach, the How to Drive Supplier Social & Environmental Performance Conference ensures all speakers give real-life case studies and presentations linked specifically to securing support from suppliers.
Over the two days, speakers from Ford, Disney, IBM, Bombardier, KRAFT, Johnson & Johnson, MWV, Pepsi, Marks & Spencer … will cover only topics suggested by their peers, as usual in Ethical Corporation events. Topics requested this year include :
- Achieve better supplier engagement through improved internal alignment with cross-department and function teams
- Enhance procurement metrics by mapping sustainability criteria against existing purchasing priorities
- Galvanize how supply chain teams think about where to source and ways to incentivize suppliers
- Overcome challenges associated with identifying suitable KPIs for supplier questionnaires and scorecards
- Expert tips on securing supplier buy-in even when you are not their biggest customer
- Powerful techniques to increase transparency and improve traceability of sourcing
For a comprehensive programme for the conference and latest speaker additions, please go to www.ethicalcorp.com/supplychain-usa
Already an annual fixture on the calendar of sustainability, procurement, CR and supply chain experts in Europe, the US version of the How to Drive Supplier Social & Environmental Performance will no doubt receive the same popularity in the America.
For More Information:
Senior Conference Director
Head of North America
About Ethical Corporation
Ethical Corporation is an independent publisher and conference organiser, launched in 2001 to encourage debate and discussion on responsible business.